Families should look at enrolling their children at least 12 months before their first day of school (for e.g. a student entering Prep in 2024 should look to put their online enrolment application in before January 2023).
1. Students enrolling for the Preparatory Year will have turned 4 by 30 June in the year prior to commencement at St Ann's School (as is required by the Queensland Government).
2. Priority of enrolment will be decided using the following categories, in order, as guidelines:
a) Siblings of students enrolled at St Ann's School,
b) Baptised Catholic students,
c) Non-baptised students from Catholic families,
d) Students attending kindergarten managed by Catholic Early Edcare at St Ann's and Smartstart Early Learning, Redbank Plains,
e) Students from other faith traditions whose families demonstrate that they share the expressed values of the school and who are willing to support and contribute to the schools vision and ethos.
(Within each priority, date of application may be used for ranking)
3. Interview timeline:
1st Round - Term 1 (Week 7 and Week 8) - category a, b, c and d,
*Please note that due to the late start in 2022 interviews will be conducted in Week 8 and Week 9 in 2022,
2nd Round - Term 2 (Week 7 and Week 8) - category a, b, c and d, and
3rd Round - Term 3 (Week 7 and Week 8) - category a, b, c, d and e.
(Allocation of applications to the above groups will be determined by information provided on the enrolment form, and an enrolment interview).
4. All enrolments will be subject to the discretion of the Principal or delegate.
5. Enrolment at the school will be dependent on the availability of places.
6. Students likely to require special provisions [for example special resources, a modified program and/or specialist teacher or school officer assistance] will be considered for enrolment in accord with the procedures outlined in the Enrolment Application and Support Procedures for Students With Special Educational Needs policy developed by Brisbane Catholic Education, a summary of which is available on request.
(Failure to disclose information relevant to the learning and behavioural needs of your prospective student/s may subsequently result in termination of the enrolment).
7. The school has a commitment to considering the enrolment of students with particular pastoral and social needs.
Enrolment Application and Support Process procedure.pdf